So - I am just wondering if I am truly getting old or if our world is getting worse.... or possibly both. I really don't want to think about the getting old stuff, not because I fear being old, but mostly because I still think I'm in my early 30s. However, when I tell my daughter that I'm well aware of the rules of the road because I have had my license for 30 years... kinda destroys the old "early thirties" feeling. What is age?
Anyway.... back to the original point of this ramble. I am dealing with a girl who is struggling in life, mostly because our families lack the support from "systems", unless your child is high needs, or gets in trouble with the law... or is insane. What about the kids/people on the periphery of this? They don't fit into mainstream (another topic for another time), and yet they aren't disabled enough to warrant a support system. I now am seeing why we label people. In the education system I have always fought the labels, and I am still not liking them as they tend to be premature and stick with a child for her/his entire school experience, however, those children who really need the help, cannot access the help without the label. What a crazy paradoxical world.
Speaking of crazy.... can't get any more thoughts to come together (ha, as if the previous paragraphs qualify for that).
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment