Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mud, revisited

So - I am rethinking the mud scenario after having a comment on the mud being chocolate. Not entirely sure that fits for me.... but it bears some consideration.

I saw my specialist today and we talked about being stuck in the mud. That being stuck is a familiar pattern.Her thoughts on this were, that perhaps people can't get out of the mud because they don't have a safe place to go to, or at least see the safe place....and, God is there, in the mud trying to get that person to see that he/she (in this case me) is all ready in a safe place. Aha, this could be where the chocolate comes in. This could also be where the book that I'm reading also comes in. The being ever mindful of the present.... I cannot get that into my brain. I am fretting about the past... moreso this week as I had an awful/incredible experience with an old friend this weekend....and worrying about the future... hence, the mud.

Now, if I were to look at that mud and think.... chocolate... and anyone who knows me knows that I love chocolate.... the present would be more appealing, even enjoyable - I may recognize all the wonderful things right here and now.... in fact, revel in the chocolate... and who knows, actually experience the chocolate that is right here.... not the "mud" from the past or the potential "mud" in the future.

Well.... I will have to continue on this at a later date....

No comments: